Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rainy, Dreary Day = Baking Day!

It's a rainy, dreary day today in Ohio. And, something about today is just making me upset. So, what is a girl to do on a rainy, upset kind of day? Why, bake of course! And listen to some good ol' tunes in the process (Awolnation & Yellowcard, YUP!)

A few months back, I found a post on Pinterest, my secret addiction, for Pillsbury's Rainbow Cookies, and they just screamed, make me! So, I attempted it, but of course it was around 90 degrees that day, and they turned out absolutely horrible. I'm ashamed to call those cookies mine. Buuuuttt, I've come to learn from my mistakes, and sometimes embrace them. So now I make these:


I like to call them Tie Dye Cookies. They are simply roll-out sugar cookies that you color with the food coloring of choice and roll together just enough to marble. I like using the pink and purple, just because I'm a girly-girl. But I've used purple and turquoise and they've turned out pretty cool, too. Now, onto my Mom's Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies!


Seriously, who doesn't love cookie dough??


These have been the faves of many of my friends since high school. And, of course, now my husband insists that I make them any chance I get. They are chewy, gooey deliciousness! Try them, believe me, they won't disappoint. I almost always add mini M&M's, just because I like them that way, but the recipe just calls for chocolate chips. The trick is adding the flour last, and when you take them out, be sure to drop them onto your pot-holder from about 3 inches up, makes them fall!


I use M&M's just for the color!

Mom's Famous Chocolate Chips Cookies

1/2 Stick Crisco (I prefer Butter flavored)
1 Stick butter, softened
1 C White Sugar
1 C Packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Baking Soda
3/4 Tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Flavor Extract (I use 1 Tbsp vanilla extract, 1/2 Tbsp butter extract)
2 1/4 C Flour
2 C Chocolate Chips (I use 1 c chocolate chips, 1 c mini M&M's)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat butter and Crisco until blended. Add Sugars, eggs, baking soda, salt, and extracts, beat until fluffy.
Slowly add flour, mix by hand just until blended.
Add chocolate chips, mix.
Drop onto cookie sheets, bake 9-11 minutes, depending on how chewy or crunchy you want them. When you remove from the over, drop from a few inches above pot holder so cookies fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment